Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20

As a youth pastor, this verse has always challenged me to continually ask myself am I making disciples for Jesus Christ. If I am completely honest I get freaked out that one day I will stand before Jesus and be held accountable for the students in FUSE and for everything that I preached and did not preach.

It is very easy to feel good about the amount of students that have been attending FUSE every week and how it continually grows, but I want more than that. I want students to be in relationship with each other and a caring adult leader who is helping lead them into a deeper
relationship with Jesus Christ. To achieve this goal, we have decided to make a change to FUSE that we feel will allow students to take one step closer to God.

We are moving away from doing small groups at FUSE on Wednesdays to doing small groups in homes throughout the week. We believe that this will create relational discipleship that will not only help your students connect with each other better, but also help them grow in their walk with the Lord.

These groups will launch in the month of October and will be specific to High School and Middle
School students. They will be led by FUSE leaders that are excited about helping your students take their next step in Christ. I am so excited about this transition and feel that this is really what will help our students become disciples of Jesus. If you have any questions please email tvail@celebration.org.

Josh Turner
FUSE Pastor
Celebration Church
jturner@celebration.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you make your text WHITE so it shows up for everyone to read!! Thanks - Pastor Josh